The train's motion
Wrecked cargo ship
Small golden rifle
Back and forth trips
Yellow thinking room
Polaroid clips
Fleeting glimpses
Untidy echoes
A longing heart
An incomplete puzzle
You ask why I'm here
But I come here every night
Are you looking for something?
No, I just need a place to write
Why are you in drenched clothes?
I was swimming with the tides
Wasn't that months ago?
What were you doing all these nights?
Well, I've been looking for places to dry
But the sun refuses to rise
See, as she faded a sea of darkness formed
And cast us into night
You ask me what her name was called
But I find it hard to write
I'm no stranger to these wild seas
But never a storm of this might
I said girl, do you know where I'm coming from
And she looked me in the eye
Loverboy you drown too quick
You're fading out of sight
Is it the numb density
Couldn't even look her in the eye
You said you'd conquer these seas
Are the currents too strong
Have you never seen waves this high
Is it as simple as your faith had gone
Couldn't even look her in the eye
I need a new place to mourn
She asked me who died
Well if there’s a dark uniform
I need a place to hide
Yet I still searched for warmth
But it was cold by the fire
She grips me tight
She grips me so tight
But I still rip at the seams
I can't sleep at night
Never slept at night
But she still sits in my dreams
I'm out of sight
Way out of sight
But she sees what I see
She won't set me free
She's watching me
She's still watching me
She still sees what I see
Undercooked pancakes
Cherry balm, the taste of those lips
Giant robots, green parrot, blue butterflies
Black dress, the silhouette of those hips
Blue shark, dominoes, KakaoTalk
Lucky charms, Toothless, Peaches
Fleeting glimpses
Untidy echoes
A longing heart
An incomplete puzzle
The raft is broken
Wait, I'll build a ship

Comments
Post a Comment